Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My slingbox does not turn on. I checked every thing but the

Customer Question

My slingbox does not turn on . I checked every thing but the lights doesn't turn on. What do I should do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

If you have no POWER LIGHT.....the unit power supply has failed.

.

There is not much a person can do about this problem, short of replacing the whole unit.

.

Inside every Electronic device that uses a computer chip (almost every electronic device in a home theater setup) there is a AC to DC power supply converter. The unit takes in AC power, and converts it to DC power to send to tall the internal PCB's and other components including processing chips.

.

These types of PSU's (Power Supply Unit's) are very susceptible to HEAT. If not properly kept cool, they will very easily burn out.

.

Once a PSU burns out, they are NOT repairable....they are simply REPLACED.

.

IN your case of a SLingBox....they dont make CONSUMER-ready replaceable PSU for a SlingBox...Unfortunately!

The SlingBox company position, is such that in the event of a Unit failure (of any nature) then the unit is to be Fully replaced....not repaired.

.

I recommend to you that you get a WARRANTY service done.

.

If not under warranty, you are stuck with getting a replacement.

.

Although if one were so inclined....one COULD in theory open the SlingBox....and remove the burnt out PSU, and replace with a new (pulled out from a different, working, SlingBox) PSU. Although you would have to be somewhat familiar and a Technically savy person.