Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Accidentally deleted drop-down menu bar in Eudora Pro

Customer Question

Accidentally deleted drop-down menu bar in Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9. Cannot get it back even after re-installing program.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right-clicking on menu bar does nothing to help.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sure it's something simple, but I cannot seem to find the right fix.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Try un-installing Eudora again, and this time, be sure to delete the Eudora program folder and reboot before the re-install. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you . This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No remote control please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot delete the Eudora program folder without losing all of my data, e.g., address book, nicknames, etc.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Plus my Options settings
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please respond
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Ok. That's not a problem. Give me just a moment to try to find another way. I do apologize. I responded, yet forgot to press send. Your address book can be exported and it might be a good idea to do it just to have a backup. I'm pretty sure that we can also export the rest of your data. I'm checking my Eudora program now. Here's how to export the address book.

1. Select Tools | Address Book from the menu.

2. Make sure CSV Files (*.csv) is selected under File type:.

3. Type "Contacts" under File name:.

4. Click Save.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Look, I already have my current data settings in a Roaming folder separate from the Programs folder, since that is how Eudora stores things. Please find a simpler way to restore this drop-down menu.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The menu I am missing is the 2d row -- the one that has all the commands and Check Mail icons on it.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If you already have them in a separate roaming folder then it should not be a problem to delete your programs folder. In fact, uninstalling Eudora and removing the program folder, then rebooting and reinstalling should be the fastest way to resolve your issue. I am sure that I could find an alternative solution to your issue but not as quickly as you seem to want, so I will "opt out" and see if another expert can help. Have a good day!

Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Can we do a remote session at no extra cost?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have just uninstalled the Eudora program, rebooted and reinstalled it. Still same problem.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right now I have no access to my Address Book, Check Mail, Send Mail, or any other icons on that "2d line" menu.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Error Message: "There was a problem running the Macro (1037)"
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Rename all folders with Eudroa in them to Eudroa_Old or something similar ..\Qualcomm\Eudora

I would check Program Files, Program Files (x86) and also within %AppData% folders.

Then uninstall Eudora using Revo Uninstaller found here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8ahfiwt0k61905/RevoUninProSetup.exe?dl=0

Delete all of the registry files that are left over, restart and reinstall.

If necessary you can then renamed the Eudora folders back to original so you don't lose anything.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you saying rename all data folders or all program folders (that I am going to delete)???
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

only ones that say Eudora, do not delete them.

By renaming them, when reinstalling it will create a new Eudora folder.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are confusing me. I thought you wanted me to uninstall Eudora program folders.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have simply copied the old program folders and the old data (Roaming) folders to my desktop w/ labels.What should I uninstall?
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

ok that works to

Use revo uninstaller to now uninstall Eudora, and delete all the registry keys and folders aside from what you copied to your desktop.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have opened this Revo Uninstaller and have no idea how to use it. It lists New Programs and Other Programs and Eudora is not visible in any of them.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found Eudora listed. Should I use Quick Uninstall, since that one deletes leftovers?
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Yes, just make sure on the Folders part you don't select and delete the copies on your desktop.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using the plain Uninstall command then.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am getting to reboot. What should I do after I reboot?
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Reinstall Eudora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will be back.
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I reinstalled Eudora and same problem exists.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you familiar with how Eudora dialog page is supposed to look?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Never mind. I fixed my own problem.
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

How did you fix it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tools - Reset Tools
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

ok cool, good to hear it's fixed