Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I upgraded my Satellite L505 to Windows 10 and my DVD player

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. My name is Jeanne. I upgraded my Satellite L505 to Windows 10 and my DVD player quite working. The Matshita DVD Ram UJ890ES gives this message Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else do you need to know? I tried downloading new drivers
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computers dvd drive.

Have you tried anything from your side to get this fixed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried downloading the driver.

open device manager and then expand the cd/dvd in the list high light the listed one and remove it try to rescan for new hardware it should pick the driver online and the drive should work again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Toshiba DVD player shows up and says it is fine, but the matshita DVD ram isn't. How do I download that?

on the top you will see a hardware scanner icon a monitor with a search scan icon click on it after you remove cd/dvd from the list.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Got it. I still see the same device status in my original question. "Windows cannot start this device... (Code19)"

did you remove the device before running the scan.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I uninstalled the DVD ram

reboot your computer after the removal of the dvd rom

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is what is giving me the message.

do you want me to remote connect and fix it for you?

Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($16). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for. let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Restarted computer. Still broken. Just noticed. If I go to Toshiba DVD player in Windows 10 app. It says this DVD player isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

may i take a look remotely i will not charge you for the additional service.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Michelle, I appreciate your offer. I thought I had lost you. I can't do that right now, though.

Click here

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.
  2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.
  3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.
  4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** am not at my computer right now.

not a problem you may let let me know the date and time when you could be in front of the computer then we can schedule a day to fix it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michelle. How about Tuesday evening around 7:30 central time?

That would be absolutely fine with me you can send me a reply and i will be online.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Super. Talk to you then.

let me know if we can remote connect whenever you are online.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI Michelle, I missed our call time the other day and didn't think I could continue after that. I still haven't fixed the problem and would appreciate it if you can still remote in.

let me know what time you will be available next then i will be online too.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How about 1 PM central on Saturday?

that would be around midnight for me ..can we do it early morning(maybe around 9-10 am) or late evening anytime after 7:30 PM CST

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Evening works for me. My daughter is on the other side of the world, too. Thank you.

you are welcome..i will then be ready to assist you on this on friday\saturday whichever day you post me a message

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Super. Thank you.

you are welcome