Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have installed Wordperfect Suite X7 onto my Windows XP Pro

Customer Question

Customer: I have installed Wordperfect Suite X7 onto my Windows XP Pro SP3 numberous times. The programs open for one second, and disapear. Corel doesn't seem to want to help me. They have had some suggestions, none worked. Can't use the program!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** I have logged in both using my Administrator Login, and without it. I have made changes to the registry following instructions on the internet, downloading Microsoft tools, nothing works. It downloads, but just won't open up, none of the products in the Suite.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
what happens when the installation complete and when you try to execute the program.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The program installs properly, asks me to register the product, and appears normally in my list of programs. All of the features withing WordPerfect X7 appear in the Wordperfect list. When I attempt to open any of the components, (i.e. Wordperfect, Quattro Pro) the colored opening screen appears for 1 or 2 seconds, then disapears and nothing happens, no drop down boxes, nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that I am downloading from the Corel web site, not from a disc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A couple of times after setting the program up, and attempting to open Wordperfect, it told me to sign in as an Administrator login. I did so, but the program acted the same as when tried to open it without the Administrator login. Either way, it didn't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to purchasing Wordperfect X7, I had the computer in the shop. The tech completely removed and reloaded Windows XP, and several programs had to be reinstalled. I previously had an older version of Wordperfect was removed. Some Corel files remained in the computer, along with many Wordperfect docjument files that I have to open. I followed instructions to remove some of the old Corel files. It didn't help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some of the files that were removed were Borland files.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

As xp was reinstalled on your computer you must have lost plugins and updates however to run the updates manually open windows update and run it let that complete and then you may reboot the computer and then try to open wordperfect or quattro pro.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you find the same problem try uninstalling complete Corel software and reboot the computer.

Now you try to install the Corel software by doing a right click on the install or setup file and select run as administrator to install the complete package.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle. I did those items as per your instructions several times. All Windows updates are installed, Wordperfect updated after installing, and I did reboot after doing those items. I also rebooted and signed in as Administrator before reinstalling Wordperfect. I can do it again for you, but I have done it several times.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i understand you may have tried all the steps but give it a try on which i am asking you to do try uninstalling the Corel package and then reboot.

when you open the corel installer program do a right click on the setup file you will get a drop down list left click on the run as administrator and then install it let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Very important you must have SP3 installed on windows xp before you install Corel package.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will do. I'll let you know when I'm finished. It usually takes a little over an hour for Wordperfect to load. Talk to you later.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

before make sure you have the latest Service pack 3 for windows xp already installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it is installed, and I have Windows Updates set to load automatically, but I will check to make sure.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Alright thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked, and I definitely have SP3, and all Windows Updates are up to date. I will begin the uninstall and complete per your instructions.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

alright.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran Windows Updates manually, there had all been installed. I rebooted, and ran the installation. Same Results.
I then Uninstalled corel software, cleaned the registry with SpyHunter and Reghunter, rebooted, ran the setup in Administrator login, installed the setup file, same results.I am now going to do the same, but not clean the registry this time.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know when i can take a look at the computer remotely so that the problem can be fixed as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's yours when you want it. Just let me know what you want me to do, leave Wordperfect installed or removed. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any time tonight is fine. Tomorrow I will be here except for a Doctor appointment, I will be out between 10:20am and 1:00pm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you tomorrow to see if you can do a remote. Thank you, ***** ***** good night.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the date and time of you availability so that i can be online at the same time and will have a look.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle, if you are in today, anytime from 2:30 on, including any time in the evening that is good for you will work. If you are not in today, anytime tomorrow (Tuesday) is good. I'll look for your email.
Have a good day,
Jeff
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

may i know your time zone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Eastern Standard Time.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Its 3Am now when i checked your reply, we can start in the morning about 9am let me know if that is fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine, I will be at the computer at 8:45 EST. Thank you Michelle.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know you don't want emails,but I am going to try to email a couple of attachments which I believe will help you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

did you try the reinstall steps i asked you to install the Corel suite.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, with the exact same results. I just sent an email to the support department with attachments pertaining to my computer. If you have access to it I hope it helps.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

You have send in the email to which address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i may get the email forwarded from the support team, i will have to wait for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will get let you know once i get the email.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have your own email address I can forward to?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you can let me know what ever you have emailed copy and paste it on this chat box i will be able to read and analyze.