Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Got loud warning window computer infected and to call asap

Customer Question

got loud warning window computer infected and to call asap 1-***-***-**** for Microsoft service. is this ligit?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. No, that is a fake popup message; it is a scam. Do not call that number, and do not follow any instruction in that fake popup message.

Are you able to close the popup message? And/or are you able to shut down / restart the computer?

Is the computer still working fine or not? Or is there still popup issue?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Basically, this issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad link or ad or attachment. Usually, closing the popup window or shutting down / restarting the computer should resolve the issue; if needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please always ignore any popup message or email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- If your computer is still having issue, please let me know, so I can fix.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

This is a one-time support session per your request. Do you still need help with any computer issue? Please only type at the box below on this web page, then click on the Send button below. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please let me know any time. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,