GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My firefox will not download and I am geting XPCOM cant load

Customer Question

My firefox will not download and I am geting XPCOM cant load and I can't uninstall it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is my top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Will Firefox open at this time? If so, we can try a reset.

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If you've tried that or if you can't open Firefox, I can uninstall and reinstall Firefox for you , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If the reset worked for you, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be receive credit for my answer. If it didn't work, please let me know so I can continue to work on this with you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I do not want this service not even if it is free
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please contact***@******.*** to request a cancellation & refund. Have a great day!