Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am using windows 8.1, can I install and use Windows 8 and

Customer Question

I am using windows 8.1, can I install and use Windows 8 and use the spreadsheet program on my computer? Microsoft Works 8 is the disk.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is not slated as compatable with windows 8, and whilst you may get it to function in compatibility mode, you will likely encounter a number of issues using it if you do get it to run.

You would be best to use Microsoft Word to open the files and fist confer them using the Microsoft Works converter which you can get here

http://www.computerhope.com/download/utility/WorksConv.exe

Unless you have word 2013 which can open the files by default without any need for a converter.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you