Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My name is ***** *****. Can't transfer pictures from my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. Can't transfer pictures from my camera now having upgraded to Windows 10. Told I don't have access privileges. What's going on?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Using the Nikon Coolpix software installed on my PC now told I don't have access privileges so transfer doesn't start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Camera and Video Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Instead of double clicking the icon to start Coolpix, close it and right click it and select Run as Administrator.

Then try to transfer the pictures and tell me if it now works please.