Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My aol password was accessed today. I'm using public wifi,

Customer Question

my aol password ***** accessed today. I'm using public wifi, could that be the answer and I also need a new aol password ***** is secure
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

The password ***** your AOL email is saved on a different server and is not dependent on the type of wifi connection you use

However its always recommended to use a private secure wifi connection when accessing personal data like emails, social networking profile, and internet banking /online transactions

when you try to login to aol mail , are you able to sign in or get an incorrect password ***** or some other message

Open the AOL Email sign in page or you may open this link account.aol.com.
On the Sign In screen, under the Password ***** click the Forgot Password? link.

Enter your AOL Username or email address in the Username or Email field.
In the second field, enter the words or characters you see displayed in the image and then click Next.
If you don't see the image clearly, you can click the refresh button to display a new set of words or characters. If that doesn't help, you can also click the volume button to have the words read aloud.

Next, to verify that the account belongs to you. Under Verify this is your account, select a confirmation option.

In the next window you can reset your password. Reset your password ***** typing a new password ***** the New Password ***** and then re-typing your new password ***** the Retype New Password ***** Your password ***** ***** and must be 6 to 16 characters long.
Click Next.

Click Done to sign in with your new password.
If another window pops up asking for your name, age, etc., you can fillup the information or skip it.