Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have received a page saying it is www.pc-malware.com

Customer Question

i have received a page saying it is www.pc-malware.com saying that my computer has been blocked, error code rundll32.exe giving a phone number 1-***-***-**** for an immediate fix. The message purports to be from microsoft. is this some very elaborate hoax?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a scam; it is a fake popup window page. Do not call that number, and do not follow any instruction in that page.

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Can you end task Chrome (and/or restart the computer) and check?

Do you still receive any popup message or any ad when using Chrome program?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

It looks like you are away; when you are available, please reply back to continue. Basically, this issue usually occurs when you accidentally clicked on a bad link or ad or email attachment. Usually, shutting down / restarting the computer should clear the issue. But if you keep getting popups when using Chrome / internet, then please try the following fix:

- In Chrome, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on option Settings. Then scroll down to the bottom, then click on the option Show advanced settings if available. Then scroll down to the bottom, then click on option Reset settings, then click on option Reset. Then wait until it finish, then check. If needed, close Chrome, then re-open it and check.

- If you still need help with this issue, or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,