Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have just installed Microsoft 10 Home. My Trend Micro

Customer Question

I have just installed Microsoft 10 Home.
My Trend Micro security software has been deactivated - can't be used?
Does Windows 10 have inbuilt internet security and where can I get to it to see that it is operating correctly? Thankyou, Noel
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Windows defender is a default built in security software which comes with Windows 10.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Type windows defender in the cortana search you will see the icon then you can set it as per your choice.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Still if you want to install Trend Micro you will have to go into the installed app and data and remove it from there once removed reboot the computer and then you may download and install a fresh copy your old license key can be reused.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Michelle, Noel
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submi