Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My Samsung tablet wont hook up to the internet it keeps

Customer Question

my Samsung tablet wont hook up to the internet it keeps telling me ap is not in use and internet is slow when in fact the signal is strong.what do I do
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please try this first step:

Solution #1:

- Press and hold the Power on/off button on the tablet, then select the Restart option, then tap on Yes to confirm, then wait a bit, and check.

Solution #2:

- If needed, open Settings app icon, then tap on Wi-Fi option, then tap on your wireless network name, then tap on the Forget option, and confirm if prompted. Then tap on your network name again, then connect, then check Internet.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, open the Settings app icon, then open Applications -> Application manager

, then tap on the option All (if needed, swipe from right to left until you see the option All)

, then scroll down, then tap on the item Internet, then tap on Clear Data and confirm

, then open Internet app and check.

Note: Another way to restart the tablet: Press and hold the Power on /off button on the tablet for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Solution #4:

- If needed, disconnect the power cord(s) from the Internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect, then wait a few minutes,

, then on the tablet, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name, and check.

If it still does not work, please let me know the exact model of your Samsung tablet, such as GT-P1010 or SM-T230 etc.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Solution #5:

- Open Settings app icon, then go to the General section, then select the option Back and reset, then option Factory data reset, and RESET DEVICE, and continue, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

It's been a couple of days. If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,