ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

The stylus purchased with my Pro 3 stopped working. Took it

Customer Question

The stylus purchased with my Pro 3 stopped working. Took it to Best Buy to diagnose...they suggested talking to Microsoft. Took the stylus apart...all parts worked on another pen except for the center part that the battery fits in. The tip, the batteries (I purchased a new one thinking the battery went dead), and the back portion that pairs with the system all worked perfectly. I need help or another stylus. Any answers...or questions. I purchased the Pro 3 just before Christmas...about 3-4 weeks old.
David Ochsner
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

If you purchased the Surface Pro around Christmas, then you may simply be able to file a warranty claim for the stylus. For this issue, you'll want to go to the website for the Surface Online Service Center, which you can find at the following link:

https://myservice.surface.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

On this page you'll see an option to check the warranty status of your service and find information on filing a claim. Alternatively, if you simply want to purchase another stylus you can do so from this site as well.

If you want to contact Microsoft directly via phone, you can do so by calling the customer service line at 1-***-***-****.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you any way that I can. And before you run, please remember to use the rating box to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service so that I receive credit for assisting you.