Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Our Lanier wide format printer is not printing correctly.

Customer Question

Our Lanier wide format printer is not printing correctly. Some sheets are half
printed some are missing the title block we were told the motherboard is going
if so what is the price of a new one?
Bob F.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bob, and welcome to Justanswer.com, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, can you tell me the full name brand and model of the printer we are discussing?

And also~

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our printer is a Lanier Mod GEI4236 our computers use Microsoft windows 7.
Bob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our printer is a Lanier Mod GEI4236 our computers use Microsoft windows 7
Bob
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, before I take the previous technicians word for it. Id like to ask you some question to verify that any parts need to be replaced.

What type of troubleshooting have you done? Has the printer been completely deleted from your windows 7 computer, and re added?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO we have a network system that feeds the computer that runs the printer, sometimes the printer
works fine, today we hade a big project to print out and it went crazy. We even tried to print from two
different work stations but no luck.
Bob
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

before we discuss an expensive part and service cost for a repairman. can we try maybe working with one computer, preferably the windows 7.

And trying to reinstall some of the software for the printer, and maybe try a few repairs on the printers internal software or initiate some cleanings.. This could have been a one time issue. Or even, an issue between the printer and your network~

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree , I will try to isolate the printer from it's server computer which ques the sheets
to be printed this we maybe able to determine if the server is bad and not the printer.
Bob
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Also to consider, outside of the printer and the server computer.

Any other computer that accesses it will also use a driver and software to access it.

We would want to delete completely and reload the software in every computer, and server computer that touches the printer.

A good way to count out the server computer would be to take a laptop or a close by desktop besides the server, connect it directly to the printer.

And then install the driver and software and try to print.. if it works, then we know the issue is with the server.

if it doesnt work, that tells us the issue is with the printer itself. Then, its a matter of whether it has any firmware upgrades, or if it needs a factory reset, or.. If it indeed needs hardware replaced.

I dont mean to increase your workload. But with the expense of the parts for those larger office machines, we need to isolate this issue further.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreed, thanks for the help, time for me to hit the sack.
Bob
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, if tomorrow or later this week youd like me to connect to one of your computers and then run some tests on the printer, id be happy to do that.

So Ill keep en eye out for future replies on this ticket.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.