Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I accepted the free down load of Windows 10. All went well

Customer Question

I accepted the free down load of Windows 10. All went well and I used it a bit and at the end of the day I shutdown windows 10. The next day I was asked the enter my password ***** I entered - But it did not accept the password. I must have made a mistake entering the password ***** and then made the same mistake when I entered it again as requested. Well, I tried figuring out what the mistake was to no avail. The password ***** I used was the same password ***** I had used for opening Windows 7 which was replaced by
Windows 10. What to do? In frustration I just kept entering the original Windows 7 password ***** after many ties it worked. So, I then left the machine working continuously. But after several days, I found the machine stopped. Once, again it would not start. So I did the same thing. Just kept entering the old password ***** it started again and I am using it to send this message. But, I do need to find a solution to this problem. Can you help me? My email is *************. Phone **********
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. So after entering the (old) password ***** many times, then it will let you in right?

Besides your name or username, does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,