Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My desk top is on Microsoft XP, an old version. I am trying

Customer Question

My desk top is on Microsoft XP, an old version. I am trying to use a lynksis wireless adapter to connect it to Internet. I am getting an error message notifying me that I need to get an update downloaded, but since I am not connected to the net I seem to be stuck. I was wondering if a flash drive might be a solution to get the update.
Perhaps I need to purchase some newer software, which is fine however my computer is a roughly 2002 model and I'm not sure that's a good idea. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks!
....Fred
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Fred. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.
You're using the Linksys USB adapter, correct?

What kind of update does it say you need? You probably need to install the drivers for the adapter, if they haven't been already, but it should work with XP as it is. However, with a few more details I can provide a more sure conclusion.

Thanks!