Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Problem with TiVo premiere model #TCD746320. I uninstalled

Customer Question

Problem with TiVo premiere model #TCD746320. I uninstalled it to reinstall in a different room. Now it will no connect. Welcome start up screen flashes on then screen goes blank for few seconds the it again shows start up. It never goes beyond that.
When I was installing it the shelf came loose and it fell a couple of feet straight down on face. It was not a hard fall but could that have ruined the power supply or ??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That fall and the shock from it most likely broke a run or a supporting member and/or a grounding connection. That qualifies for 'it broke', given the symptoms.

It will need servicing to work again, or at least opening and a superficial examination as to what looks broken-off inside, and whether any circuit board cracked (not easy to repair, unless it's just a corner and a couple of connection runs, or less... in some circumstances.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could buying another set and replacing parts in my set be an option ? I have a lifetimse subscription

Perhaps. It depends upon what's broken inside your TiVo. Opening it and examining it for cracks, breakage, etc., would not void the warranty - there is no warranty on damage from accidental dropping or falling, in general.