Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

When I download the driver install software video capture

Customer Question

When I download the driver install software for the video capture device I just bought from Elgato, I get an "unknown device" in Windows 7, 64 bit.
How can I solve this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What is the make/model of your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer is a ACER Predator G5910 - 162 (desktop games PC bought in 2011 with an Intel i7/2600, 2.6 GigaHz chip, NVIDIA GeForce video card, 4GB memory, 2 TB disk, running under Windows 7, 64 bit,
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

If you go to properties of that unknown device, any indication on what it is?

You can go here, search by product, make sure everything is up to date on firmware version. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you can see on the added files (Snip1.jpg and Snip2.jpg, in French), it is a standard USB bus controller,
and it has an "error code 43". I have deleted it from the list of devices and trird another install.
Then, at first, there was no longer a yellow mark, but it soon came back.
The "detail" list is too long to send you as snippets, so I added the source file for this driver, as downloaded from "Elgato".
Hope this will help you reproducing the problem ?Alex
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What all usb devices are plugged in?

See if you can unplug 1 at a time to see if this unknown device disappears in device manager to determine what it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a lot of USB devices and I know which one I am dealing with, since that's what causes the problem: I have bought a little gadget from a company called "Elgato", to connect to a TV tuner (using either SCART or HDMI cables) watch the TV program while it is converting it in real time into a mpeg 1 or 2 or an avi. So, all the difficulty rests with the computer side. What I need would be an error-free installation program but, if this is faulty or if it has errors, as it seems, an error-free set of all the actual driver files to install manually - but where can I get that from ?
Alex
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Go here scroll to bottom, is this something you have? Go to the corresponding hardware you have and they have drivers listed.

https://www.elgato.com/en/support#downloads documentation

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

.