Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a Nokia Window phone - have had it years - I have not

Customer Question

I have a Nokia Window phone - have had it for 3 years - I have not downloaded apps
But want to now - when I try it ask for password ********@******.*** - I have no idea and if it was ever set up or who = I tried to go online and get new password ***** messed with it a little = but I need to TALK TO SOMEBODY. Call me or get my phone FIXED.
Elwood Bonner(###) ###-####- cell - or***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. I will provide detailed instructions for resetting the password ***** your email account. This email account and password ***** used not only for email but also for everything related to Microsoft.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Regain access to Microsoft account, Xbox Live Account, or Outlook.com account.

Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account. If you are satisfied with my answers, please provide a good rating. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that and it wanted ALL kinds of private info I do NOT wang to give
I am just trying to download an app
I assume you are NOT with Microsoft - and can't FIX this. I want someone to Fix this. You have been NO help.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. I will "opt out" and open your question to other experts in the hope that they may be able to help, however, if you are unwilling to do what is necessary to reset the password ***** that account, your only option will be to reset the phone completely.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

no we are not with microsoft. if you think that they will help you i would be happy to give you their phone number

800 microsoft

please call them and if you are not satisfied and want to come back and work with me i will be happy to help you.

or i can get you a refund if you do get satisfaction from them

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

as far as i know

1. you need a microsoft account to download apps

2. that microsoft account was tied to the phone when you originally set it up

3. there is no way to change the account tied to the phone without totally resetting the phone to factory conditions

given that, i would suggest that you try to reset the password ***** hitting the lost password ***** at www.live.com

rather than force you to answer security questions ( which by the way are just to confirm that they are the same answers that you gave when you set up the account )

it should give an option to send a link or code to the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't charge me
No one there can Fix this
I will go to phone store ag ATT
And get specific help.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

they will tell you exactly what i just told you

have a great day

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what you might try is ADDING another microsoft account to the phone and then using that account to download the apps

you can do that under settings accounts.