Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I replaced a faulty camera box at my business during

Customer Question

good evening, I replaced a faulty camera box at my business during December 2015. the service provider installed the password ***** was given to him by myself at the time of purchase. none of us can remember the password, as when I gave him the password, Dagee 1964, he had to change it so that it included a capital letter and a character. I have also send a mail on the internet to the supplier but to no avail. the model nr is, DS-72088HGHI-SH with serial nr###-##-#### ***** you can assist please let me know.
my name is***** contact details(###) ###-#### ********@******.***. douglas, northern cape.
regards
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hello Chantel, my my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Can you tell me the name brand of the camera box ?

Also, is there a specific software you used to access the camera box, and if so, does it have a name also?

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HIKVISION digital video recorder. the service provider installed the software, so I am not familiar with what he used.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the box is not faulty. it is a new box I purchased to replace the faulty one.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hi.. resetting the password ***** be accomplished through a factory reset.

There is a very specific procedure you need to go through.

First, you will need this software. http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/DownloadAgreement.aspx?c_kind=34&c_kind2=36&c_kind3=82&id=1946&iframe=true&width=760&height=400

Once you have downloaded and installed that software. Please watch the short video below as this will show you what to do next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYbtHIFsOk

And this is the email you need to send the full model / serial number string that you copy and paste from the software as shown in the video.

techsupport.usa @hikvision.com

Once thats done, they will email you back with the reset code you need. Which the rest of the video shows you how to use to reset the password.

if you have any further questions or concerns, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

hello again.

This is Dustin, I had sent you the steps you needed to follow in order to default the password ***** reset it.

Were you able to make progress with the password *****?

Dustin S.