Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a logisys computer

Customer Question

I have a logisys computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me more on what is going on?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cody. I have had no help from Just Answer. I did not get help last night and this am, in order to continue the "support", I had to pay again. If you can help me now, thats great. Sorry to be crabby, but this is turning into a long drawn out issue and I can't sit by the computer all day. thanks if you can help:
Here's what is happening. Someone hit a button on the tower that seems to have changed the boot device priority. I know how to get to the set up area and find the place to reset this. Here are my 3 options:
[SATA:SS-ST1000DM] [removable device] and [CDROM:3M-HL-DT-ST] I don't have a removable device and I'm not trying to get into the CDROM, so it must be the SATA... How do I get the parenthesis to go away do it is not disabled? thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

can you take a picture of the monitor?

Should be instructions on the right as to how to navigate thru it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I'll take a picture. There are instructions on the right but not how to make the parentheses go away. how do I send the photo to you?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

You can attach it here, there will be a spot near the chat window to attach it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is:
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

They are all in brackets, it doesn't appear they are disabled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hmmm, is the SATA the 1st priority I should have? because I still get the same screen when I save and exit: reboot and select proper boot device
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is your hard drive.

Hard drive may have gone bad, can you open up your computer and reseat the hard drive?