Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My operating system is not found on my acer computer. what

Customer Question

My operating system is not found on my acer computer. what can i do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

it is a laptop or a desktop ?

What is happening when you attempt to start your computer?

what is your operating system (windows 8)?

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it`s a Laptop and my screen is black With the typing operating system not found. i use Windows 8
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Ok last questions, Do you have windows 8 installation disc? do you have any important data on your laptop ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. I dont have an installation disc. and i dont have any importante data. So we dont have to take notice off that
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

First download windows 8 from the link below : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

click Download tool now and run the application, select English, Windows 8.1, 64 bits and click next, now click on ISO file and download the file. Next burn this file to a blank DVD and insert it to your CD/DVD Reader.

Now Let’s performing an automatic repair booting from the Windows 8 DVD and check if that helps :

Method 1:

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may also try to rebuild the BCD booting from the Windows 8 installation media and follow these instructions:

c. Click on Repair your computer.

d. Click on Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.

e. Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and pressEnter after each command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Let me know the results please

Than you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can`t start the computer. It dosen`t respond to any key, I have a acer laptop , Is it any key i can use to restart it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a revcovery at Nortons, but I can`t use it because I can`t start the laptop
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Please Hold the power button down for at least 8 seconds to shut it off. If the problem persists Try the following steps to resolve the problem :

• Remove the Battery and disconnect the AC Adapter; Hold the power button down for 10 seconds
  • Reseat the battery on the laptop and power it on
  • Remove the Battery from the laptop and power it on using only the AC Adapter
  • Ensure that the Power LED on the AC Adapter is lit to ensure the functionality of the AC Adapter, also try another working AC Adapter if available.

thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried it. It didn`t work. When I start the Laptop it stands acer in about 1-3 Seconds and then the screen turns black and it stands operating system not found up on the left side
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Please try my previous instructions :

Method 1:

Method 2:

c. Click on Repair your computer.

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Let me know the results please

Than you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am trying to Find any cd with Windows 8. Can't start the laptop . Mabe I havet to buy One.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

You don't need to buy one, just download it from the link below and burn it to a blank dvd

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

click Download tool now and run the application, select English, Windows 8.1, 64 bits and click next, now click on ISO file and download the file

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today, If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help, only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

regards,