Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My computer will not accept my password or anything else

Customer Question

my computer will not accept my password ***** anything else
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, what is your operating system please (windows or mac) and version ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
windows 7
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is a new computer with less than one hour service on it
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Please try one of those solutions : First Can you make sure the CAPS lock and NUM lock keys are off, then try the password *****'ve been using

Solution 1 : Using the Administrator Account

1- Start or restart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2- Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3-Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen

4-Click on "Start" and "Control Panel".

5-You will enter "All Control Panel Items", then click" User Accounts"

6-Then click"Manage Another account" as following.

7-Choose the account which you want to reset the password.

8-Click "Change the password" as following

9-Type a new password ***** that account.

If you don't see the Administrator account then you will need to creat one :

restart your computer and press "F8" Scroll down to "Safe Mode with command prompt", a black box will appear, please type :

net user Administrator /active:yes (and click enter)

now restart your computer and follow the previous steps.

Solution 2 : Bypass Windows 7 password

1-Insert your windows 7 disc and restart your computer, and Boot off the Windows disk and select the “Repair your computer” option from the lower left-hand corner.

2-Follow through until you get to the option to open the Command Prompt, which you’ll want to select.

3-type in the following command :

copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ (click enter)

copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe (click enter)

4-Now reboot the computer.

5-Once you get to the login screen, hit the Shift key 5 times, and you’ll see an administrator mode command prompt.

6-type the following command : net user LOGIN_USERNAME YOUR_NEW_PASSWORD

example : net user jack acer2015

7-Now you can login with your new password

If you don't have the windows 7 disk please watch this short video on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLZPsyp0Gc

Solution 3 :

Go to the following website : http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ scroll down and download the file name Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip (Make sure you unzip this file) Now burn this file into a blank CD or DVD, you can use imgburn software to burn the file : www.imgburn.com after you burn the file, insert the Disk then follow the step by step instruction in this tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

(the video is for windows 8 but you can use the same instructions for windows 7 or other version of windows)

Hope this help, if you need further help please let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your time I was warned that before I got any results it would cost me dearly Nothing that you told me would work Do not bill my credit card
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Your satisfaction is my top goal. Please rate if you're satisfied with the answer that i provide, positive rating are appreciated, if you need any further help I will be happy to assist you. and if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

hope this help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

regards,

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

regards,