Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an Ideapad/P500 and use a 26" attached monitor when

Customer Question

I have an Ideapad/P500 and use a 26" attached monitor when in the office. When reviewing PowerPoint presentations I often use both screen and/or toggle back & forth.
Shortly after installing Windows 10 I was toggling back and forth when my laptop screen went dark gray.....the extension screen stayed brightly lit. Subsequently I now cannot use my laptop by itself as I can hardly see what is on the screen. (If the info on the laptop goes through a second device; i.e. projector or second screen the image is fine).
I have "googled" help with this, and have tried the various adjustments available but have had no luck getting a bright screen on my laptiop. Can you help?
Thankyou
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It seems that the issue is with display inverter of your computer. Please try moving the lid back and forth and check if you see any difference.

Try the following too.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
Also, check it with battery only and not with the Adapter.

Let me me know the response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N