Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do I change from windows 10 to windows 7

Customer Question

how do I change from windows 10 to windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 10 months ago.

Hi ,

Welcome to Justanswer

If you have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 then follow below steps to rollback to windows 7

To roll back your Windows 10, go to your PC Settings, by typing Settings in the taskbar search bar, next to the Windows icon, and clicking on Settings. It will open the PC Settings. Select ‘Update and Security’.

The Update and Security option opens. Here you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on ‘Recovery‘.

This will open the Recovery settings window for your PC. You will see 3 options:

1. Reset this PC: Remove everything and reinstall Windows. This will take your PC to its original factory settings.
  2. Go back to your previous version of Windows: This will just bring your previous Windows back on your PC without affecting your documents and files. Note that you have to carry out the rollback operation, within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10
  3. Advanced Startup: Here you can change your PC settings using a Windows image or a USB/DVD.

Click on ‘Go back to previous version of Windows’. In this case you see Go back to Windows 7

Let me know how it goes

Regards ,

Satchi