Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have just installed a new at&t uverse wifi gateway

Customer Question

I have just installed a new at&t uverse wifi gateway replacement and the computer is working fine. I can not get the wireless connection to the HPOfficejet 4620 printer to work. Can someone talk me through it or can a technician connect the two online? Peggy Evans,***** Shelbyville, KY.40065 Telephone no(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

The printer settings will have to be reset and then reentered for the new. Sometimes it requires reinstalling the printer software. Do you have the installation cd that came with the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, follow these steps on your Windows 8 computer.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then clickSearch.)

2. Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.

3. Under View by:, select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.

4. Tap or click the HP Printer software program, then choose uninstall.

5. Then reboot the computer.

6. When the computer powers back on then you will need to run the cd that came with the HP and reinstall using the new wireless settings. You will also need a USB cable, which is temporarily used during the configuration. Be sure NOT to connect the USB cable between the computer and printer until instructed to do so by the software.

7. Let me know if you have any problems.

8. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!