Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

When I get an access code the Yahoo website wants to send

Customer Question

When I get an access code the Yahoo website wants to send the verification code to an email that does not belong to me; [email protected], my email is [email protected] I am forced to click on “No, I don’t have email access.” don’t know how to correct this. I need to get into my account because I’m having difficulty with my password. The real solution would be to contact Yahoo mail directly. Can this be done? For the communications with you, please send to [email protected]
Thank you; Herb ****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

The best way to answer your question is to look at this problem from the perspective of Yahoo.

.

Yahoo has an Email account that was Opend/Created by SOMEBODY, they don't know WHO did the initial Open/Create setup, and frankly they dont care.

So....when the Email account is Logged into, the Password ***** ***** ONLY thing that verifies that the SAME person who Created/Opend the account is the SAME person who is Logging into the Email account. When the password ***** ***** access is granted.

.

Pretty Simple. And in the old days....if you lost your password...you were just screwed. You had to abandon that Email account, and Create/Open a NEW account.

.

However today, Yahoo implemented additional security features into the Emails accounts, that allow for MORE information to be used to VERIFY the identity of the person who is loggin into the account. Such as a BACK-UP Email account. But the backup email account has to be entered in and setup (can be done later, but only if you are logged in) at the TIME THE EMAIL ACCOUNT IS CREATED/OPENED. If the Back-up email account is NOT YOUR account, or you dont have access to it (such as in this case, Yahoo has the backup email as h*******@******.***) then the back up email is useless.

.

You can also use a PHONE NUMBER to verify or reset your password.....BUT ONLY if the phone number was setup or entered in, at the time the account was created/opened.

.

These additional features CAN BE ADDED IN LATER, but you need to able to LOG IN to the EMAIL ACCOUNT to make any changes or add any security settings.

.

So, if you dont know the password.....and the backup email is NOT YOURS, or you dont have the password ***** LOG IN to that email account either....How else is Yahoo supposed to know that this EMAIL ACCOUNT IS ACTUALLY YOUR'S?

.

Do you see what i am getting at?

.

If there is very little information that is on file for the EMail account that you want to access, then there is VERY LITTLE you can do to VERIFY that the account actually is YOURS, and to convince Yahoo to allow YOU to have access to it.

.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news......but....you might be locked out completely.

.

However.....I can try to help you and try to see if we can recover.....but we would need to have a REMOTE SESSION.

Otherwise....please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!