Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got a Microsoft 10 program to upgrade my computer and I

Customer Question

I got a Microsoft 10 program to upgrade my computer and I guess I got for a 64 bit computer not knowing that I have a 32 bit computer. Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to have to purchase another program, not cheap?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?

Have you backed up your data yet, i.e., documents, pictures, etc., to an external USB hard drive or a USB flash drive?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My computer is a windows pc currently running Windows XP that I am trying to install Windows 10 on. I bought a Windows 10 full upgrade program that is for a 64 bit computer not realizing that I have a 32 bit computer. Yes, I have backed up my data.

Thank you. Yes, I know you have Windows XP currently, but what is the brand / model of your PC computer? And is it a desktop or laptop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The PC is a custom built desktop that has no model number.

I see. Do you know the brand/model of the systemboard / motherboard of the PC?

Do you know how to go to BIOS / Setup menu and/or Boot / Startup menu on the PC?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to speak to customer service about getting a 32bit version of windows 10 instead of my 64 bit version. The brand/model of my motherboard is irrelevant

I'm sorry; I'm not affiliated with Microsoft. I'm an independent computer technician. I have a way to install the 64-bit version, that's why I'm asking for the brand/model, and if you can get to BIOS / Setup / Boot / Startup menu.

Please let me know if you'd like to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Do you know how to go to BIOS / Setup menu on the PC? And/or do you know how to boot from the CD /DVD drive? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.