Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a portege r835-p70 - upgraded to Windows 10 and sound

Customer Question

I have a portege r835-p70 - upgraded to Windows 10 and sound was working okay but I think in one of the software upgrades since something changed as I cannot turn off internal mic and can't get the line input to record - I get really horrible recording from the line input which is a direct feed from the sound system - and if I put in earphones on that connection the sound is crystal clear.
I have tried rolling back the drivers to the one used in Win 7 before the upgrade, but that didn't work - tried running compatibility mode on it and that didn't work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you say you cant get the line input to record from a direct feed from the sound system. What exactly do you mean by direct feed from the sound system.

Is there an external sound system you are trying to record from and if so, whats the full name brand and model of that system?

If you meant something else, please explain..

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.