Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 with the free

Customer Question

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 with the free upgrade in December. Suddenly it isnot working properly. I chose to keep the windows 7 desktop but suddenly all of the icons have disappeared. I also do not have the windows 8 type desktop with all the tiles.
Do not know whatthe problem is as this is my wifes computer and she has items disappearing. power point viewer has disappeared as has windows office. Cannot find any of the Dell apps. I thought of reinstalling windows 10 but do not have a key and do not know where to go to find the windows 10 program to install. The screen has become very dark.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Do you want to go back to Windows 7?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want to know how to reinstall windows 10 and if I do where do I find all of the apps that are going to be erased.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you have an answer for me as I contacted American Express and had them clear the security on this payment.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It says not to respond to the email but I have not received an answer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that the only response I get. DO you want to go back to windows 7. Please just say yes or no. I keep clicking on the response and there is nothing there. Can you just email me the response. Thanks. I am going to have to go in a few minutes. I have been working on this for over an hour and a half now and am no further than when I started.
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I apologize -- I was away from my desk.

To access this feature, go to the Start Menu>Settings>Update and Security>Recovery.