GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

In what country will the Windows automatic VPN ip address

Customer Question

In what country will the Windows automatic VPN ip address show?
My physical address is in Mexico right now. I need a US ip address for some applications that are not connecting properly right now.
Mostly Pandora.
I have used HMA VPN with which I may choose the ip address region, but Windows VPN keeps undoing that. It did work successfully with Pandors before I installed Windows 10.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

The ip shown automatically will be your actual ip address which will indicate the country in which you are physically located. There are a number of ways to get around this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

one of the easiest is to use a program like SmartDns. They offer a free 14 day trial so you can make sure that it meets your needs before spending any $ on it. You can find out more about this by going to https://www.smartdnsproxy.com.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

I do have some information for you about why the HMA VPN is no longer working correctly. I will paste it below for you.

If you have upgraded from previous Windows versions to Windows 10 and experienced unusual connectivity issues with HMA VPN, you will find this information helpful.

Things to try first

1. Uninstall HMA! Pro VPN, then reboot your system. Install HMA! Pro VPN again and check your connectivity with various apps, while disconnected from VPN as well as while connected.

2. If the problem remains, try the following:

Run cmd.exe as an administrator and run

netsh winsock reset

Then restart your PC.

Still not working? Run this commands:

ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Why is this happening?

This is due to Windows 10 being unable to properly apply the network configuration of a previous Windows version to Windows 10. You might also have experienced other problems with Windows 10 that don't relate to connectivity issues (i.e. search in taskbar not working, Cortana not working, cryptic error messages) - updating one Windows version to another rarely results in a stable and unproblematic system.

The cleanest method to resolve Windows 10 issues after updating from a previous version is to do either a new "clean install" or a reset of Windows, however this would result in losing all data on your system drive.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If the troubleshooting information for HMA VPN does not resolve the issue, then please consider trying the SmartDNS service that i provided a link for. It works in a slightly different manner by changing your DNS settings, so it may work even if HMA does not.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

I hope that this information has been helpful. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please allow me to continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

I will check back with you periodically to see if you need additional help. Have a pleasant day!