Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Got Toshiba Satellite a505-s6960 computer will not turn on.

Customer Question

Customer: Hey, I'm Denis. Got Toshiba Satellite a505-s6960 computer will not turn on. Power light is really dim and hard drive light does not turn on at all. Swapped with different hard drive, same issue. Tried removing battery and shutting down computer and pressing power button for over 30sec. then power up, same issue. Any help is appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's the whole issue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Denise and welcome.

30 seconds is a bit too short and sometimes it needs a few goes. Can you remove the battery and power cable, hold the power for 60 seconds, put it back together and try to start. If nothing, repeat 3 more times and tell me if it then starts please