Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a gmail account accessed from my iPad and

Customer Question

I have a gmail account accessed from my iPad and iPhone...[email protected] .com
When I went to check my mail tonight all items in my in box disappeared fight before my eyes. Then I checked my phone and again they all disappeared right in front of me.
I checked all my folders and everything dated this year (2016) are also gone.
The missing in box items were dated back from yesterday back to 2011.
Do you have any idea what may have happened and is there a way to retrieve them ?
Thank you,
Doug
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

You may have been hacked and somebody else was in there deleting them as you looked at it.

You should change your password ***** and make sure that the retrieval security email and phone are up to date.

you might still find them in the trash folder. If so you can just move them back to the inbox.

otherwise you can fill out this form and say that you were hacked and gmail can put them back for you.

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails