Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased a Lenovo all in one computer from Best Buy 2

Customer Question

I purchased a Lenovo all in one computer from Best Buy 2 days ago. I set it up yesterday with access to my home wiFi network and set up my user name smell password ***** Initial start/up went fine and I proceeded to load in some micro-soft word software. I was having some difficulty with that so I logged off and had dinner and came back to carry out more software setUps. I pulled upy log in screen which showed the user name that I had set up for the computer and proceeded to type in the password ***** I had set up and also copied down. When I entered my password ***** received an error message advising that the pass word was incorrect and also showed the pass word hint that I had included in my set-up process. The hint matched the password ***** I entered and had recorded in a separate record. Again a message advising that the PW was wrong.? I got a message to re-set the PW so I clicked that and received a message that I needed to insert a USB type device to proceed with the PW reset process. Bi had a new 128 gb sub drive and when I inserted it I was advised that that was not a recovery drive. What do I do now and where does it tell a buyer what and where to go to become operational? Please help! ***** *****.***@******.***.(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Hello Tom, and welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Ive seen this happen before. To say the least, the Windows 10 initial setup can be a bit convoluted. Question, when you are being asked for your password.

Does it show an email address on the same page?

If so, who is that email account with. Gmail, hotmail, outlook.com, etc?

and also, have you tried using the same password ***** your email account uses to sign in?

Please test that out, and whether it works or not send a response.

Thank you~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.