GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I received a message on my computer that said it was from

Customer Question

I received a message on my computer that said it was from Microsoft and I have a virus and my computer is being hijacked. Wanted me to call(###) ###-####to have my computer scanned. I know I have something on my computer because I have been getting all kinds of popups for about 2 weeks. but my question is:
Is this a valid Microsoft phone number for scanning or is it another phony message from the virus?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give me just a moment to read your note.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

That is not a valid Microsoft phone number. This is a scam. Do not click on it or call it. If you have been getting poups for quite some time, you are likely infected with some type of spyware, malware, or virus, but calling that number is ***** the answer.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I can provide step by step instructions for cleaning your computer of any viruses, spyware, malware, that may be causing the popups. Please let me know if that woudl be helpful or if you have any further questions.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I will go ahead and upload instructions that I hope will be helpful to you, If you aren't comfortable with performing these tasks, I can remotely access your desktop and do it for you if you'd like.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If I have, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and the clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to help you or refer you to another expert. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I