Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Downloaded Windows 10 onto my laptop and now my HP 8610

Customer Question

Hi downloaded Windows 10 onto my laptop and now my HP 8610 printer which was perfect before is not being recognised. Also we have V Media as our ISP and whereas this worked perfectly before it is having issues. Do you have someone who can come to our office on Colonnade and have a look at these issues and sort them out?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you currently replying to me from the concerned laptop itself?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session (for a minimal fee) to check the issues for you?

Please reply back to me using the Reply box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please carry out the following steps when you are back online:

First off, RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left, and select "Control Panel".

In the Control Panel, go to Programs > Uninstall a Program, and then uninstall your printer listed.

Next, download the following printer driver (for Windows 10):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8610-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5367603/model/5367606

Scroll down and click on the "Download" button, and then download and install the driver following the on-screen directions. This should do it.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.