Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Is there any way that I can revert back to windows 7? I have

Customer Question

Hi, Is there any way that I can revert back to windows 7? I have more problems with this then I can get fixed and I cannot get my excel to work on this windows 10. I am very very disappointed to say the least.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello Laurence. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

If it's been within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10, you can easily revert back to Windows 7.

To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

If it has been more than 30 days, you can still revert back to Windows 7 but you'll have to do a new reinstallation of Windows 7. Either of which I'll be happy to help you with if you would like assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do this will I have my PC back to original windows & with my old records and documents in tacked
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

If it's been less than 30 days, yes.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

At least, that's what it's supposed to do. With any major upgrade/downgrade like this, there is no guarantee your files will be 100% working.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

If there is anything you cannot lose, I highly advise copying them to a CD, USB or another hard drive if you have one before downgrading your operating system.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Excuse me, anything you cannot afford to lose is what I meant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just get my $5 back and I willtry to rerun my windows 7 myself. If that don't work I will just do without the PC all together and do everything the hard way
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Good luck and have a good day.