Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Windows 10 start menu does not work. How do I fix this?

Customer Question

Also, Internet Explorer icon is no longer on desktop and I can not search for it, because start menu does not work, the search function does not function. Help.
Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Go to the Start menu button and right click to open the contextual menu.

Here you’ll see a long list of options, one of which is Command Prompt (Admin). Select this and you’ll see the terminal window appear. Enter the word powershell, press enter and then copy and paste in the following command :

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Press enter, the process will run. Don't be put off by the red error messages which might appear.

Close the window, restart your computer and hopefully your Start menu will be fully operational once more.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

If you need any further help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thanks