Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am having nothing but trouble with Windows Media Center.

Customer Question

I am having nothing but trouble with Windows Media Center. Anytime I sit without clicking anything on keyboard, it starts running some of the pictures I have put on there. Can I get rid of WMC on computer? If so, how. I have been searching for answers for about 2 months! I don't know a lot of techie terms, so simple answers are needed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Would you like me to provide you with the steps to uninstall Windows Media Center on this page now? Or, may I set up a quick, secure remote session (for a minimal fee) to do the steps for you?

Please reply back to me using the Reply box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Please carry out the following steps to uninstall Windows Media Center completely from your system now:

Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner, and then click Control Panel.

Click Programs > Uninstall a Program, and then click Turn Windows features on or off (at the top-left side of the window.)

In the Windows Features window, double-click on Media Features to expand it, and then UNCHECK the Windows Media Center box.

Click OK, and then restart your computer; this should do it.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below. If you could kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the stars at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you :)