Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have two hard drives (I'll call them A & ) that I put into

Customer Question

I have two hard drives (I'll call them A & B) that I put into an icy dock. I wasn't aware that the switch on the back of the icy dock was not set on JBOD. Now drive B has been overwritten and is an exact duplicate of drive A. Is there any way to recover the data and restore drive B? Help please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

short answer is no.

Think of an audio tape that you had a favorite song on and then you accidentally recorded something else over it. The first song is gone. It has physically been replaced.

Now it might be possible to get some of it back if the new data did not fill the drive and parts were not actually written over but just marked as deleted.

this program can do a pretty good job of looking for anything that is still actually on the drive.

http://www.easeus.com/ad/unformat.htm?gclid=CJvzh_vln8oCFRCqaQod7DYJ0g

But you wont ever get everything back. some MAYBE.