GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I keep getting "This page cannot be displayed" on a lot of

Customer Question

I keep getting "This page cannot be displayed" on a lot of my websites but not all?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

May I ask what browser you are using for accessing the Internet? Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Or FireFox?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Sometimes your browser will save webpages in temporary files so the next time you visit the page, the computer can pull up the locally stored version. This helps pages to load faster, but a problem can arise if you visit a page and get this message and it is then saved. There is an easy fix for this. To fix the immediate problem, simply delete your temporary files. To prevent problems like this in the future you may want to change your browser setting so the browser automatically checks for a new version every time you visit the page. A very easy way to clean the temp files for all of your browsers is to use a program called Ccleaner. You can download itfor free by clicking here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then it could be that you are not actually connected to the internet and the pages that are displaying correctly are the saved pages. If this is the case, please let me know and I will walk you through testing your internet connection.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Do you have questions or need additional help? If so, please let me know so I can continue working with you. If my answer was helpful, please take a moment to rate me by clicking on the stars and then clicking submit. Have a great day!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be paid for my time. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!