hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

Have three administrative level XP logins on a machine. No

Customer Question

Have three administrative level XP logins on a machine. No matter which login we are in, the screen saver / locked screen always goes back to the same login stated " Only FRG-104/Admin or an administrator can unlock this computer". Is there a setting which is causing this to happen, if so where can I find it ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 10 months ago.

Hello there please read this page which shows how to disable the screen saver locking

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should the system revert back to the login that is currently logged in and not another login ?

Yes it'll stay logged in to the profile that was active when the screen saver kicked in.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But its not if I am logged into Bob's profile the screen saver will revert back to Susan's login. There should be a screen saver option for each login correct.

Thank you. Ok this sound like you're connected to an Microsoft domain that has a Group Policy set up. Please confirm?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No just plain old XP machine no domain. The machine connects to a NAS server but nothing beyond that.

Thank you hmm that is strange.

Please try changing screen savers to something else and see if that helps.

​If still no joy and in each persons login if this option to password ***** is not ticked and you still have this problem with it reverting to Susan's profile, please try this registry hack. Please back up that registry key before you do the hack.

Let me know please