Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Bev.Toshiba NB 505 has black screen. When you power it on

Customer Question

Customer: Bev.Toshiba NB 505 has black screen. When you power it on you hear the fan momentarily then it quits
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried removing the battery. Same with power cord without battery. I haven't used it for a long time and charged the battery thinking it was just dead. My son had previously replaced the screen and didn't use it much after that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. So far I understand you have tried running the computer with the battery removed and only on power cord. You have no image on the screen at all correct? Also when the machine is turned on does the screen even have a dark glow to it at all if the computer is taken to a low lit location?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you hear the far momentarily and then it turns off. Nothing shows on the screen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you there?

Sorry for the delay I am here again. So it does turn itself off completely?