Jason Carlamere
Jason Carlamere,
Experience:  Technical Director at PNC Financial Services
91387029

Canon iPF750 printer - I need to add 18" ROLL PAPER

Customer Question

Canon iPF750 printer - I need to add 18" ROLL PAPER WIDTH to the default roll sizes. Page 121 in the User Manual seems to show how to add a CUSTOM PAPER SIZE but not a new ROLL SIZE.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.
I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

Have a look at this image i pulled from the USER MANUAL about setting the ROLL LENGTH.

It was page 539.

.

SO i clipped the page, and you can have a look at it here at this link:

Does it explain, and were you able to solve the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like this specifies a roll LENGTH set on the HARDWARE. I want to set the roll WIDTH on the SOFTWARE

Have you looked at Page 58 of the USER MANUAL?

.

YOu might have to re-specify the paper for the printer driver

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Page 57? (jpeg attached) May be a different issue of the manual)

This is what the Page 58 looks like on the USER MANUAL i have for the iPF750:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. It's listed as the User GUIDE online. I'm looking at the same thing now. I looked at it earlier - it addresses PAPER SIZE, not ROLL WIDTH.

do you mean the diameter of the roll itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO! Original question - "I need to add 18" ROLL PAPER WIDTH to the default roll sizes."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is so weird - p 527 in the manual I'm looking at isn't "Paper Sizes", it's something to do with MACs!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure enough - the TOC shows pp 431-566 having to do with Mac OSX Software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With all due respect, it seems that you don't really know how to add an 18" wide roll to the default roll sizes. I was hoping for the "Concise" explanation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a conference call I need to be on in a few minutes, so I'll have to disconnect. If you can figure out (concisely!) how to add 18" rolls to the default roll sizes I'd love to hear it!
Thanks!

YOu want THIS manual i have?

Ive changed rolls on large format printers, cleaned them, changed ink wells, add ink/toner....and had to basically make them keep working as the IT tech, for PSP. So i have some experience.

.

But not with every single large format out there. And as we all know, they all do things differently.

.

Have a look at the manual i sent...maybe it will lead you to your solution.....its all we have to rely on as technicians too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks. Gotta go!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quiksilver-
Please close out this question. I asked for a "concise" answer to this question; it appears you are unable to provide it.
Thanks!
Clark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In reading through my options I see I can ask you to post my questions to other experts. Please do so at your earliest convenience.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 1 year ago.

Hello Clark - My name is ***** ***** I will try to help. Quick question for you - and this is assuming that you have the paper loaded.. Have you looked at page 75 of the manual. Resizing Originals to Fit the Roll Width (Windows)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I haven't, but I just did. I'm not at office at the moment but I don't think p 75 will help; this describes how to reduce/enlarge to one of the roll widths listed in the default sizes. If you look at p 78 #9 "M", you'll see "Roll Paper Width". There's no 18" roll listed in that drop down menu. We're architects & most of our drawings are 24 x 36. We can print half-size sets on 11 x 17 paper but we have to trim the 17" width down to 12", which wastes both time and paper. We want to add "18-in.Roll" to the drop down list. I can't believe it's not a default size since it's industry standard, but it's not. I'm starting to think it can't be done.

Hello - Ok I understand a little better now.

Do you have the Media Configuration Tool installed that is part of the Canon. From my research it looks like you use that tool to configure media types that are listed as available types in the print dialog.. I am still researching but this sounds like you might be able to add it to the list from here. Have you seen it ? http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010734.asp I found reference to it there.

Hello - I hope all is well. Were you able to verify if you have the Media Configuration Tool available ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for checking in! I've been home with a sick child so haven't had a chance to check.

I understand that all to well. I have 3 myself. No problem - reach back out whenever you can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This looks like it could work, but I know enough to screw everything up. I think we'd better get someone in to fiddle around with it.

Hello - I hope all is well. I just wanted to verify if your last response was meant for someone else in your organization or if you were looking for someone to give you remote support. I can offer you remote support for a small fee if you would like. If your response was meant for someone else in your org then that's great too. I think the links provided for the configuration tool is the way to go. If you need anything further then I will be glad to help or if the solution doesn't work then I will continue to look into it for you but if not if you will kindly rate my service.