Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Toshiba Satellite C850 has Firefox(Google) search.1) I

Customer Question

Hi. My Toshiba Satellite C850 has Firefox(Google) search.1) I believe I have virus that keeps changing my Google search engine to Websearch.com., which takes me from one search engine to other search engines, so it is impossible to find what one wants!! 2) I also have a bug software that keeps redirecting my browser to trading sights, each time I click enter. 3) I have rebooted my computer to previous date, no luck! My McFee Security and Regservo software tells me my computer is safe. PLEASE HELP Alby !!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

this is correct, its an infection Alby.

As the first step to try to remove this, do the below in firefox

1. Click the menu button and then click help .
  2. From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ...
  3. Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
  4. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Then tell me if its cleared please.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Richard - Opening the menu button, there is no trouble shooting, as i remember from a previous fault!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

It is there, you missed the step to click Help the ? first