Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I just accidentily deleted text from a, carefully written

Customer Question

I just accidentily deleted text from a long, carefully written gmail .. Any way to recover it ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

before you sent it ?

no there is not.

you could try searching your temp folders and temp internet folders for a phrase that you knew was in the writing. You might be able to find a file that had some of the missing text and open it in a text editor such as word pad and then copy it back to another email

but unless you specifically saved it as a draft there is no button that will pull it back up in gmail.

email is not a good format for writing complex long messages. You are much better off doing them in a word processor and then attaching or cut and paste into the email