Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have not had my brand new Asus laptop hours yet. I set up

Customer Question

I have not had my brand new Asus laptop for 24 hours yet. I set up the password ***** wrote it down. However last night when I tried to get back in to my computer it is telling me the password ***** ***** This is running Windows 10, and I have been googling all morning with my older laptop (also running 10) to try to get help.
HELP!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you see an EMAIL ADDRESS listed for your account, at the Windows logon screen? If so, could you let me know what's the email address?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no. The correct email for that computer is***@******.***. I bought the computer for my husband.
I recall there was an issue setting up the user account and after several tries I told it to continue.
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

I see. In that case, will it be okay to carry out a system recovery which will restore the laptop back to factory defaults, allowing you to create and use a new account in the process?

Keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if a system recovery would be okay with you, and I'll provide you with the steps accordingly. Otherwise, we can try and reset the password ***** the current account as well. Either way would work; keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

I'm not getting any responses from you yet, so I'll have to leave now. Good bye.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I recall there was an issue setting up the user account and after several tries I told it to continue.a factory reset is fine
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

I'm back now; thank you for responding. Now, at the logon screen, please press the power icon at the bottom-right first, and then HOLD down the Shift key (on your keyboard) and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

Does a blue "Choose an option" screen come up this time?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I recall there was an issue setting up the user account and after several tries I told it to continue.a factory reset is fineI solved the issue myself, thanks for your help!
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Will close out this question now. Thanks.