Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My asus laptop, screen is not turning on, i have

Customer Question

Customer: My asus laptop, screen is not turning on, i have troubleshooted with turning on and off, takign the bzattery out etc
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I press the on button and the screen doesnt turn off has been happening a lit recently but if i clsoe the screen and open it again it usually works but not today.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
let me know the model number and how old is the laptop.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
R501VZ and 2.5 years old

we have to diagnose the problem by troubleshooting the issue and then we can make out whats wrong in it. In case of hardware issue detected then you will have to either get it repaired of if any part found bad that can be replaced to get the unit back in working again.

In hardware cases i can only tell you what is bad and cannot make the bad part work on this chat session. I hope you understand.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also I have hooked it up to my TV and eventually it loaded.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok Thank you.

sorry about the delay i had to restart my system. Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am ready

you said when you plug in an external monitor do you get display on it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after about 2-3minutes the log in screen

Are you able to login fine to windows on the external tv/monitor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all ok.

Thanks for confirming now press the Fn key and hit the F5 key together at the same time on the keyboard together and let me know if you see anything on the laptop screen.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing is happening/

unplug the external monitor and then use a flashlight and check the laptop screen if you see any kind of display output.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do you mean?

let the laptop be on you must be on the windows screen then you unplug the external monitor and use a flash light to see if you see windows screen on the laptop.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can see some light