GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I checked verified my password with Hotmail. my iPhone

Customer Question

I checked verified my password ***** Hotmail. my iPhone indicates it cannot verify my password. what do you suggest now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

are you setting up your hotmail email account on the iphone?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was on my phone but now I cant receive it and need to set up an account but it keeps coming p that it cannot verify my information
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still haven't seen a viable answer to my question.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this. I have some suggestions that may help you regain access to your account.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hotmail is now part of Microsoft, so you need to go to

this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account .If you are satisfied with my answers, please provide a good rating. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!