Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Can you provide the file that you linked to in this post?:

Customer Question

Customer: Can you provide the file that you linked to in this post?: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/38df8-company-bought-iomega-hard-drive-backup.html#re.v/462/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have backed up using iomega automatic backup pro. The files are all .iab extension and unreadable.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: do you have the iomegarestore.zip file?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

I looked at the previous post from 2010 you linked. That file is not longer around, what are you trying to accomplish?

You have a bunch of .iab files that you want access to?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I used iomega automatic backup pro to an external drive and then my internal hard drive crashed. There are two 40 GB .iab files on the external drive and I can't open them.what happened to Satchi? He was the one who linked the file to the other customer. maybe he saved it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correction, there are dozens of 4GB files with .iab extensions, totaling about 80 GB.
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

What's the model on the device?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ldhd080-u
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

not sure if Satchi is still around, it maybe hard to track down the program as Lenovo has since taken over that brand

Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the serial number on that device?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Serial number is *****I believe this is a software issue, not hardware related. Iomega made some horrible backup software that stores the compression key on the primary hard drive, rather than on the backup drive.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I started this conversation with Satchi. JA says he's online now.
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

did he respond?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was my interaction with Satchi before transferring to pay for further conversation:Customer: Can you provide the file that you linked to in this post?: http://www.justanswer.com/comp…
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have backed up using iomega automatic backup pro.The files are all .iab extension and unreadable.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: do you have the iomegarestore.zip file?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I messaged him as well. I researched issue and found lots of places but no good answers.

Even chatted with Lenovo and they said they don't have any legacy software from Iomega. I think best case is to see what Satchi replies with.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Satchi will reply to you or me?
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

If you have a question open with him directly, he'll reply to you. I linked him to this question too, so he may reply here as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is my only open question. It looks like he's offline now. I'll check back tomorrow.
Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

ok sounds good

Expert:  Satchi replied 11 months ago.

Hi ,

The software is discontinued by the iomega company .

Those software links are not working either which I have given in 2010 .

Lenovo Iomega Is also not supporting this issue as Cody mentioned above .

The best thing is here , We will open the question to other experts to help you more if they have any alternatives .

Thanks

Satchi

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello you haven't said what happened when you try the restore function in IAB pro please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IAB pro does not work. It stores a key on the primary hard drive that is required to decompress the back up files on the back up drive. When the primary hard drive crashes, there goes the key to decompressing the back up files! Iomega never did the responsible thing and provide a solution. Lenovo should now own this problem since they now own Iomega.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Satchi didn't happen to save the file from the 2010 post?